Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- » Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- » Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- » Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- » Audit mode and CSV export.
- » Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- » LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- » Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- » Free and open source software (GPL).